HENERY Alpana Station Blinman ,South Australia | 1878
Alpana Station in the heart of the Flinders Ranges, S.A. has been owned and managed by the Henery family for six generations.
The name Alpana came from the Adnyamathanha people acknowledged as the original custodians of the land.
Paddy Henery , born in County Clare Ireland in 1834, came to Australia in 1846. Purchasing the first block of 133 acres in 1838, it took 21 years of toil to freehold the property. Paddy was widely regarded for his farming skills, and extensive knowledge of sheep and wool .
Alpana today produces excellent 20 micron merino wool. The family has also diversified into tourism , very fits well with wool production, and also runs a recycling depot.
Today Alpana proudly run by the 5th and 6th generations of the Henery family.