HOARE Chocolate Hills Dingo, Queensland |1916
Purchased in May 1916 for 12 pounds 12 shillings 11pence by the current owner’s father, making this a rare century station with a history of only 2 generations. Alf Hoare set about bringing his land into production,and named it Chocolate Hills. Along with establishing a camp Alf planted a fig tree, which when the family came together to celebrate the centenary, provided the perfect backdrop for the assembled descendants.
Chocolate Hills initially produced vegetables and assorted fruit, especially pineapples, and ran a dairy herd. Today the property runs beef cattle.